Under the directives of the chef, the baker knows how to make all types of breads, danish pastries and bakers’ catering products using all working methods in order to obtain products with optimal qualities. The baker has a professional culture allowing him to communicate about his Craft and to supervise a team of bakers to define, organize and control the production work. He has artistic abilities that allow him to showcase his fabrications using different set techniques. He knows how to put in place and respect the hygienic rules in force allowing impeccable work. In the hotel industry he must have the capacity of products for several hundred of customers and will have equipment and a suitable and functional team.
- Organize the entire production according to the rules of the art and technical constraints and imperatives.
- Select raw materials based on their qualities and economic criteria
- Manage the quantities implemented according to the order
- Optimized waste and loss management
- Mastering kneading
- Make, grow and use all types of lactic acidity or acetic fermentation
- Make all types of innovative and creative breads, sandwiches and spreads
- Make all types of pastries, salty and sweet products from up-and-coming dough and puff pastry
- Make decorations using bread dough, dead dough, syrup dough, writing dough
- Check the quality of raw materials
- Store raw materials and finished products in good conditions
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the hygiene guide
- Compliance with food safety rules in place in the use of raw materials.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– Diploma in the Craft: CAP baker, BP baker, Professional food Craft, bakery section pastry. These trainings will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of management/supervisory level; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL7)Apply