Florist (Decoration & Flower Artist)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The Florist is a great creative and artist, he/she performs all current works with dexterity and technicality. He/she can perform a complex floral work in accordance with a theme, a style, specific techniques, plant identity, rules of harmony and balance. He/she has skill of the cost of a floral composition.
- General skill of the craft: skill of the biotope of flowers and plants, decorative styles – vegetative, linear, piece of form, asymmetry, expressions of a floral work: parallel, graphic, blur, fluid, active, passive, neo-decorative-structured, mass-grouped, plant movements, textures, colors, plant morphology, balance, proportions and volumes.
- Skill of floral production techniques: stitching, tying, fitting, weaving, bonding, pinning, stacking, stalling, foaming, new and innovative techniques, the diversity of hydration techniques.
- Skill of the 5 aspects of floral sculpture:
- Emotion, Intelligence, seduction: originality, color consistency, adequacy of volumes, shapes, lines, texture, support, plants.
- Originality of the design: finish, careful work and design that is out of the ordinary. Choice of flowers and elements. Manufacturing of support, relevance of the choice of elements, solidity, creativity.
- The floral room is readable: the choice of plants and the finesse of the work. Respect for flowers and accessories. Respect for the subject.
- Ingenuity, diversity of techniques used for the piece. The expressions and movements of floral work: parallel, graphic, blurred, fluid, active, passive. The techniques of realization: stitching, fitting, tingling, weaving, bonding, pinning, stalling, spindle, marquetry, foaming, framing, self-blocking.
- Balance, proportions and volumes. Use of donated flowers and items, well adapted to the given subject. Respect for proportions, relevance of the different techniques used.
– Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship),
– Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
– Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– BEP or a CAP in horticulture, CAP florist, BAC professional florist, technical patent of florist Crafts. These trainings will all need to be supplemented by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of reception manager; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL13)Apply