Chef or party chef (specialized butchery)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
Under the directives of the chef, the butcher is the specialist in processing techniques, meat presentation and different butchery species. He appropriately uses equipment and tools in accordance with hygiene and safety rules as well as in the professional and commercial environment in which it operates. The Butcher has the ability to appreciate the quality of the products at all stages, to verify and track their traceability. He ensures the purchase, reception, storage of the delivered products, the processing of pieces from the cutting of carcasses and the cutting of species in accordance with the standards of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control transport conditions, detect qualitative and quantitative anomalies, use weighing equipment and use of appropriate handling means,
- Control cold rooms and apply the principle of stock rotation, use appropriate handling means, store packaged or re-condition products in accordance with storage rules,
- Use equipment and tools in an appropriate manner, organize types of meat to be processed and stored, respect hygiene and safety rules
- Slice, practice cutting, lifting, boning/separating, “parering”, peeling, franking, cutting, piece, shape, “barder”, bridle, tie, bacon, sting, chop, season, knead, stuff, dress a poultry.
- Specific experiences
– Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
– Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
– Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– Diploma in the Craft (CAP butcher) These courses will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of management/supervisory level; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with clients
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessor’s panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL2)Apply