Head Bartender / Bar Manager
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The Head Bartender gives the measure, prints a style of his own and he must know the codes of society. The bartender is the one who greets the customer, who advises him and takes care of him throughout the service. He ensures the atmosphere, the well-being, the comfort of the customer and must be recognized by the customers for his perfect professional mastery and his great human qualities. The head bartender is a leader. He’s tasks are multiple: to develop a cocktail menu, to imagine new creations, to retain its customers and to supervise his team of bartenders. In constant contact with customers, he contributes to the creation of an atmosphere adapted to his workplace.
- Coaching a team of bartenders and assigns the work (managing the planning, training, assignment of daily tasks)
- Supply and inventory management
- Ensure billing and cashiering
- Skill of technology and professional culture, general culture, human relations and foreign language communication
- Mastery of the techniques of classic cocktails and creativity in making cocktails
- Ability to communicate and add value through service and hospitality
- Skill of a generic bar product
- Making a cocktail creation and its decoration from an imposed theme
- Mastery of professional skill:
- Welcome techniques
- Cocktail-making techniques
- Promotion and service techniques
- Minimum 5 years of work experience (excluding apprenticeship),
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
- Bac pro service and marketing or bac STHR, BP bartender, for those who want to evolve in palaces. These diplomas will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before he can access the responsibilities of reception manager; years of experience crucial for this profession.
- Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL11)Apply