This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The head concierge works in prestigious establishments. Usually installed in the lobby of the establishment, its role is to satisfy the demands of its clientele (tourists, businessmen, VIP) without ever failing. His job: to welcome, inform and advise the client, in order to facilitate his stay and ensure his well-being.
- Ensure that hotel guests stay goes smoothly
- Requests: booking with travel agencies, tickets to shows, car rental, administrative procedures,
- Record the habits of guests who regularly stay in the hotel
- Workclosely with the other services of the establishment (management, housekeepers, technical services, security, restaurants, bar, room service…), and more particularly with the reception and lobby
- Able to build up a strong address book
- Keep strong relationships with the hotel’s external service providers
- Manage customer disbursements (accounting, billing, cashing)
- Manage a team consisting of one or more janitors, porters, doormen and/or a bellboys
- Recruit, train his team and organize the concierge schedule
- Outside working hours: visit exhibitions, go to shows, participate in cocktails, seminars, craft shows
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship),
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– Qualification required: Bac 2: BTS hotel-restaurant option A marketing and hotel management, BTS local tourism animation and management, BTS sales and tourism production, Bac STHR, which can be supplemented by the additional mention reception-reception in one year. These trainings will all need to be supplemented by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of reception manager; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL17)Apply