This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The housekeeping manager is responsible for the recruitment and training of his/her team, such as valets, laundry crew, public areas cleaners. He/She is in direct contact with customers and suppliers in the course of his/her activities. He/she organizes the communication flows related to the service, ensures recruitment, animation and training of the floor staff and determines the budgets required by the department. He/she is responsible for the quality of the product and services related to the room, public areas and common places in accordance with the standards of hygiene, safety and controls the work of the teams responsible for the overall maintenance of the establishment, and the services rendered to customers in his/her department according to ISO standards and the policy of the establishment.
– To know how to organize the service: design and/or participate in the development of “manuals” of procedures, planning and supports of organization and forecasting in accordance with the policy of the establishment: Develop cleaning protocols, forecasts of laundry needs and cleaning products.
– Design/Organize teamwork: prepare and schedule workdays, routine and periodic maintenance activities, and prioritize enforcement; Implement personalized receptions (weddings, special occasions, etc.); Assess needs and place orders with service providers for customers: florist, launderer, service companies.
– Managing the team and communicating with employees and various partners: transmitting codes, rules of behavior and professional attire in relation to the brand and company standards; Determine profiles, recruit and evaluate the performance of team members; Implement the training and motivational actions of the teams; Adjust staff work schedules; Detect and respond to serious and imminent hazards in the facility; Conflict management.
– Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship),
– Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
– Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– BTS hotel and restaurant, BP governing, Hotel Technology, CAP hotel services. These courses will all need to be supplemented by several years of professional experience before taking up the responsibilities of reception manager; years of experience crucial to this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL12)Apply