This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The laundry manageris responsible for the laundy/lingerie department and ensures the smooth running of the service. The laundry managerconveys the image of the hotel through its exemplary attitude, kindness, professionalism and availability. He/she masters all cleaning and primer work, autonomously, taking responsibility for his/her professional actions in accordance with the rules of art and standardization. He/she does the preparatory work. He/she knows how to theoretically design a craft textile maintenance company. He/she knows all the regulations in force. He/she knows how to be creative and innovative. He/she is able to choose the tools necessary for his or her business and use the right products. He/she knows the techniques of detaching, icing, piping and primer. He/she is able to make a dye by hand. He/she is an expert in textile maintenance. He/she is able to determine the nature of a textile and anticipate the behaviour of the fibers.
- The Hotel dry cleaning “business activity” work, management of the dry cleaning service
- Process technique: evaluate the processes used, the choice of materials and products in relation to textiles and explain the risks of possible accidents with the fibres concerned
- Catch: catch up on a fibrillation on silk provided by the trainer, use an appropriate technique, regain the almost initial appearance of the piece
- Tint: design and make a dye on natural fiber, make a book tracing the method used, demonstrate the hold and homogeneity of the dye
- Detach recognize and identify the stain in question, remove a stain on a delicate textile in 1/2 hour maximum, choose the appropriate method, use the right products
- Prime: refurbish two or three particularly delicate imposed garments, iron clothes (on-site ironing, but cleaning and pre-preparation), give hold to an item
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship),
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
Diploma required: BP, CAP hotel services, CAP technical community employee, CAP maintenance of textile items in industrial enterprises, craft enterprises, CAP tailor, CAP sewing. These trainings will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of laundry manager; years of experience crucial for this profession.
Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL16)Apply