This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
Trained as a Maître d’Hôtel and table setting arts, he is a master in human relations and his charisma is naturally a motivating quality for his team. He’s qualities of personal and technical excellence are transversal to any form of catering services. The commercial aspects of his profile makes him an ambassador of the restaurant’s image but also of its economic and financial potential. Through the menu, he contributes greatly to the richness of the establishment. The obligation of immediate and daily result makes him busy, and customer satisfaction remains his daily challenge. As a Maître d’Hôtel, he manages the entire restaurant area (assistant waiters, waiters, chef de rang, supervisors…): work organization, plannings, recruitments sometimes in close collaboration with the Restaurant Manager or Food and Beverage Manager. He must control the gross operating margin and ensure that it is always positive, which includes managing supplies, holding inventory and orders for the bar and cellar and choosing suppliers in collaboration with the Food and Beverage Manager. A Maître d’Hôtel is close to the Restaurant Manager (or Food & Beverage Manager) depending on the internal organization of the establishment.
- Technology and professional culture
- Mastery of professional skill and know-hows
- Creativity in hospitality, service and table arts
- General culture
- Customer relations (Welcomes and greets customers during service)
- The management and organization of the work (organizes the receptions and negotiates the group booking prices in collaboration with the Restaurant Manager (or F&B Manager), control of expenses and supply management of the room, bar and cellar in connection with the Restaurant Manager (or F&B Manager)
- The ability to create added value through hospitality and service
- Mastery of professional skill:
- Skill of the products;
- The skill of gastronomic heritage and its history;
- Culinary skill;
- Skill of wines and other beverages;
- Labour law and hygiene legislation in restaurants;
- Skill of social, cultural and religious codes.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
– Professional degree in service and marketing, Hotel Technology Baccalaureate or Bac-2: A BTS hotel and restaurant.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL8)Apply