Pastry chef (general)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
Under the directives of the chef, the pastry chef is responsible for the production of the breakfast rolls and pastries, and desserts for the lunch and dinner service. In the usual context of his professional activity, he carries out all the associated pastry, confectionery and chocolate work in total autonomy. It knows and selects he’s raw products and streamlines the use of products. He is a master of all the techniques of basic manufacturing. He creates the different products used in the composition of the desserts and their decoration that he makes in-house. The pastry chef masters the different techniques of assembling and decorating products. He controls and respects the cold chain, both in terms of manufacturing, assembly, and storage. He is proficient in technology and professional techniques. He creates a piece or an artistic and/or commercial assembly in accordance with the imposed theme and presents all of his production in a harmonious buffet. In the hotel industry he must have the capacity of products for several hundred customers it will have equipment and a suitable and functional team.
– Recognize and choose suitable raw materials.
– Control the physical and chemical reactions of raw materials.
– Controlling storage and working temperatures
– Store raw products accordingly.
– Cleanliness and hygiene in the workplace, compliance with regulations and control of manufactures.
– Precise production according to the quantities requested of biscuits, dough, cooking juice; The bases to be filled; creams, ganaches, mousses; syrup, compotes and jams, sauces, pastillage grout; the incing, toppings; Cooked sugars: pulled, puffed, moulded, poured, etc.
– Cut or mold items; Perform satining and shaping.
– Make chocolate, sugar creations and decors
For the position he will also have to:
– Demonstrate creativity and ability to innovate, to know how to generate ideas to its team in order to bring a specific signature to the hotel
– Demonstrate your ability to organize and develop a team
– Listening and asking questions, spotting trends
– Be able to highlight priority trends and the essentials,
– Expanding he’s field of investigation, identifying new horizons
– Follow processes, follow methodologies
– Can understand in depth and decipher
– Be discreet and know how to keep information confidential
– Facilitating relationships and developing synergies
– Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
– Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered as an asset
– Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– Diploma in the Craft: CAP pastry maker, confectionery, chocolate confection, ice cream maker, and other related diplomas (…). These trainings will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of management/supervisory level; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL4)Apply