Pastry chef (specialized ice creams and sorbets)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The ice-cream maker pastry chef covers a wide field for the development of a very diverse range of products: ice creams, sorbets, entremets, ice specialties. He offers classic flavours and can create unusual blends with fruits and make original presentations. He composes plated desserts, creates sculptures with dry ice and provides the basic preparations (work of sugar and chocolate). This occupation requires both manual skill and technological skills for the use of machines. The practice of this craft supports all steps of the realization of the product, from the purchase of raw materials to the direct sales. In its industrial dimension, this craft assumes skill of raw materials and their physical-chemical, organoleptic and bacteriological characteristics. In the hotel industry the ice-cream maker pastry chef must have the capacity of products for several hundreds of customers and will have required equipment and a suitable and functional team.
- Compliance with basic rules of hygiene and food safety,
- Control of the operation of refrigeration machines (freezer, ice turbines, cooler, etc.) Identify customer tastes to create new recipes and products,
- Select and control raw materials,
- Make iced entremets, iced treats and ice cream cups, platted desserts,
- Track sales trends and company results
- Select raw materials and streamline product use,
- To carry out various mixes (ice creams, ice creams, sorbets), parfaits, iced soufflés, entremets, christmas logs, etc.,
- Make the different products used in the composition of the frozen desserts and their decorations,
- Carry out the assembly and decoration operations of the products,
- Mastering the cold chain, both in terms of manufacturing, assembly and storage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
– Diploma in the Craft: CAP pastry maker glacier confectioner, BM pastry, MC, MC specialty bakery, MC pastry, confectionery, chocolate factory, ice cream maker, Professional Bac or Hotel Technology Bac.. These trainings will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of management/supervisory level; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL6)Apply