This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The Restaurant Manager manages, coordinates and supervises all activities of the restaurant. He is responsible for the financial management and definition of the rates applied in the institution. He is also responsible for recruiting and organizing staff work. The restaurant manager’s assignments vary depending on the type of restaurant he runs. In an independent restaurant, the manager participates, under the authority of the owner of the establishment, and with the chef, in the preparation of the dishes listed on the menu. He sets the prices displayed according to the annual budget. In charge of a group of restaurants, he applies the rules and standards set by the company’s head office. In both cases, he manages daily operations, develops the work schedules of the staff. He manages the human resources, recruiting permanent or seasonal employees. Finally, he ensures the quality of the welcome and ensures the satisfaction of the customers. The restaurant manager divides his time between his office, the restaurant area and the kitchen. When he is entrusted with the organization of an event, he meets his clients to discuss and settle all the details and requirements.
The position is perfectly suited to a head of rank-and-a-post hotel master with experience as a manager or assistant manager.
- The financial management of an institution
- How to set restaurant menu rates
- Take charge of recruitment and manage human resources
- Manage staff schedules
- Ensure the preparation of dishes with the chef
- Know how to manage a budget, set for example by the owner of the establishment
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Ensure that customers are welcomed
- Make every effort to ensure that customers are satisfied
– Minimum 5 years of work experience (excluding apprenticeship),
– Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
– Successful experience in team management
– Professional bac service and marketing, BAC or BTS hotel and restaurant. These diplomas will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of reception manager; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL9)Apply