Chef (French gastronomy)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
Excellent cook, the gastonomic chef is a creative person but also a good manager. He is able to lead a kitchen brigade from the steward till the sous chef. He is endowed with solid skill of high-level French traditional cuisine, often acquired during several years practice in Michelin-starred gastronomic establishments. He must also be inventive in instilling in the establishment a true style of cuisine and consistency in the quality of the dishes. He develops technical sheets, places orders and manages inventory. He/her chooses he/she’s suppliers and establish a long-term relationship of trust with them.
The chef performs all the cooking in the usual context of his professional activity, independently taking responsibility for his professional actions in accordance with the rules of art, the customs and regulations in force.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- He/she performs the preparatory work. He knows how to calculate, produce and interpret technical documents
- He/she knows how to organize production
- He/she has a perfect skill of the products
- He/she knows how to use professional technical terms in the English language
- He/she knows and applies the rules of hygiene and safety, which he is able to ensure a set-up with or without help
- He/she knows how to implement all the preparatory techniques, all types of simple and complex cooking as well as knowledge in pastry catering
- He/she cooks perfectly in imposed times all products using conventional or scalable materials
- He/she performs finishes and displays on all types of material by controlling the temperatures
- He/she knows how to show originality in his profession
- He/she guarantees the organoleptic and sanitary qualities of the dishes he/she makes by its self-control ability.
– ORGANIZE CULINARY PRODUCTION: calculating elements of production cost, producing technical documents, interpreting technical documents, designing and organizing a production phase, using professional vocabulary in English, manipulate the computer tool, apply a qualitative choice of products.
– PROFICIENCY OF HYGIENE AND SAFETY RULES: enforce current health and safety standards, advocate and implement safety rules.
– IMPLEMENT SIMPLE AND COMPLEX PREPARATION TECHNIQUES: master all the simple and complex preparation techniques referenced in the Culinary Guide (A. Escoffier – Ed. Flammarion March 2001) and those resulting from the evolution of practices, in the rules of the art.
– WORK WITH STUFFINGS, GRAVIES AND SAUCES: master all the simple and complex techniques referenced in the Culinary Guide (A. Escoffier – Ed. Flammarion March 2001) and those resulting from the evolution of practices, in the rules of the art.
– PASTRY TECHNIQUES: master techniques and basic preparations: pastries, creams, coulis and decorations; – master cooking techniques, master fittings, trims and assemblies, master decorations and finishes.
– DEVELOP CUISINE TECHNIQUES AND CONTEMPORARY PASTRY: implement scalable food processing techniques, use new and innovative equipment and equipment in an appropriate way.
– MASTER TASTES AND FLAVOURS: season with precision, control the processing of the taste of processed foods, harmonize flavors and textures.
– DISPLAY AND PRESENTATION: mastering the classic and/or contemporary techniques of display and presentation; – respect the service temperatures appropriate for production.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the Craft (excluding apprenticeship)
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
Diploma and specific knowledge required
- Diploma in the Craft (Bac+2: BTS hotel-restaurant option B Culinary arts, table art and service, CAP: CAP Cookery). All these courses will need to be supported by several years of professional experience before one can take up the responsibilities of chef; years of experience are crucial to this profession.
- Except for French-speaking countries, he/she will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a matter of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a job placement abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expatriated
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the Caisse des Français à l’Etranger (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL1)Apply