Pastry chef (specialized chocolatier, confectioner)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, motivated, hard-working and career-oriented individual to be part of a team of luxury hotel professionals in a foreign country.
The Pastry Chef, Chocolatier – Confectioner performs, as part of his usual professional activity, all the work of chocolate and confectionery. He masters the criteria for product preservation, knows and selects his raw materials and streamlines the use of products. He masters perfectly all the techniques of making the basics of the work of chocolate and sugars, the different techniques of realization and decoration of the products he brings or manufactures in-house. He can create a piece or an artistic and/or commercial assemblage with respect of a theme. In the hotel industry he must have the capacity of products for several customers and will have the necessary equipment and a suitable and functional team.
- Know the products and its varieties used by the profession.
- To control the physical and chemical reactions of raw materials.
- Choosing raw materials, controlling storage and working temperatures
- Know the steps of the product processing
- Know how to evaluate the quality of the finished products and the knowledge of the material.
- Master manufacturing processes, master jellification, spherification, emulsification, thickening and dehydration, and manufacture the following products: Ganaches and fodder masses, giandujas, pralines. Chocolate drinks, liqueur interiors. Hard-cooked sugars, tender cooked sugars, airy masses. Fruit pastes, jellies, jams and candied fruit, gelled and gums and almond paste. Cocoa bean processing to final product. Products based on molecular techniques. Puffed, roasted, caramelized cereals
- Master the shaping of mono and multilayered interiors, perform dressage, framing, detailing, molding, modeling
- Develop chocolate blankets and sugar solutions
- Make chocolate and sugar moulds: full, hollow, stuffed.
- Crystallize and manage a cover in a coat
- Make chocolate coatings
- Master the quality, taste and preservation of the product.
- Mastery of manufacturing techniques, weights, finishes, modeling, assembly and sculpture.
- Respect for thicknesses, shells, fodder, frostings
- Know the legislation and professional technology.
- Know the criteria for conservation and storage
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Craft (apart from apprenticeship)
- Being a competition finalist or having a title of excellence is considered an asset
- Successful experience in team management
– Diploma in the Craft: CAP pastry maker, confectionery, specialized in chocolate confection, and other related diplomas… These trainings will all need to be supported by several years of professional experience before you can access the responsibilities of management/supervisory level; years of experience crucial for this profession.
– Except for French-speaking countries, he will have to be able to express himself in English – it is a question of knowing how to communicate with his team.
Compensation varies depending on the position, the candidate’s profile and the country. In the luxury hotel industry for a position abroad, depending on the hotel and the position, the remuneration includes a package that completes the employee’s net salary. The package includes at least one round trip to France per year and accommodation. Other benefits may be negotiated based on the position and the candidate’s qualification level.
Social security for expats
As far as social coverage is concerned, France is very well endowed internationally thanks to the “Caisse des Français à l’Etranger” (www.cfe.fr). By enrolling in the CFE, the expatriate and his family can benefit from the continuity of rights (health, retirement) that he can complete with a mutual like April International https://fr.april-international.com/fr used by a very large number of expatriates.
SAF’s role: more than connecting with the customer
SAF searches within its network of companies (the Customer), then searches and evaluates the candidates’ profiles in relation to the customer’s request. SERVICE A THE FRANCAISE develops an image of excellence internationally. Concerned about the quality of the candidates transmitted, the technical assessment of the candidates is done by the members of the technical assessors panel composed of the “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France”. Once the evaluation and internal selection of the candidate is done by SAF, the selected profiles are sent to the client who finalizes the recruitment by a remote interview (telephone or video conference). Once the selection has been made by the Client, the client is fully responsible for mobilizing the selected candidate and signing the contract. SAF will always advise the candidate throughout the evaluation process until the client is signed.
Interested in this offer?
Apply by email by filling out our application form, do not forget to specify the reference of the offer (SAFHOTEL5)Apply